Monday, May 28, 2012

Some High Flying, End of the Year Fun!

Let’s Go Fly a Kite. . .
   
I love the end of the year and all of the stress free fun and “outside of the box” learning it brings!  This last week, I decided it was time to put my students’ following directions skills to the test…..Which lead to some HIGH FLYING FUN!  I gave the students directions on how to make a simple kite. The kite consisted of a sheet of construction paper, tape, tissue paper strips and a straw.  I have included the link for you.



After my students flew their handmade kites, I then gave them Dollar Tree kites to fly (I had purchased these for the string and just in case the others didn’t work).  We were all surprised to find, that our handmade kites flew and stayed together much better than the store bought kites!




Our kite flying experience made for a great afternoon!  This week we are going to give paper airplanes a try! 
More details to come….

3 comments: