Sunday, May 13, 2012

Open House Project Pizzazz #3 is BUBBLELICIOUS!!

Our Bubble Bursting Gum Projects


These projects turned out to be a fun & creative way to share  several of the major standards that we focused on this year. 

The project incorporated the following:
-Timeline (The History of Gum)
-Facts/Opinions
-“How to” Writing (Written by students for parents to follow)
-Compare/Contrast (Types of gum)


Each students also made a little paper box and I filled it with gum.  Their parents then followed the "How to Blow a Bubble" directions page in the flip book.  It was great to watch!

Here is a peek of what the inside pages look like:



Some other cute covers, they did such a great job!




If you have any questions, please ask, and I'd love to read your comments or feedback!

13 comments:

  1. OK-too, too, too cute! Do you have this available? We just had our testing incentive where they earned "gumballs" towards treats. This would be a great way to tie it all together!

    Please let me know where I can purchase this!!!

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment!! I'll be posting this on TPT at some point this week.

      Delete
  2. So cute---agree with Elizabeth--patterns available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and can I say LOVE!!! I will be your newest follower in 2 seconds (as soon as I copy and paste:) ) So super cute!!! Can't wait to come back and dig around:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I'm there....see me.....the new little pic!!! Where oh where are your end of the year reflection flowers????

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tara, I am now a follower on your blog as well! Here is the link to the end of the year reflection flower: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/End-of-the-Year-Reflection-Flower

      BUT if you email me, I'll send it to you for free! Email me at patsykitty@gmail.com

      Delete
  5. Love the Bubblegum Lesson! My students would love this. I am your newest follower.

    http://ericashep.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE LOVE LOVE all these activities, will they be up on TPT? I know my students would love this! I have been following your blog for a few weeks and love all the great ideas, each one inspires me to do another lesson! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! I've given you the One Lovely Blog award. Stop by to check out all the details.

    Liliris @ The Fourth Grade Garden
    http://fourthgradegarden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. ok this is too stinking cute!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This project is now on TPT!!

    http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Mind-Blowing-Bubble-Bursting-Lip-Smaking-Project-POP

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found these on Pinterest and they are absolutely adorable! I love how you've incorporated so may skills into such a fun project!
    Linda
    AroundtheKampfire

    ReplyDelete