Saturday, March 24, 2012

Incredible Student Creations! An Art Project

After FOUR days of benchmark testing, I decided my students needed therir minds streched in a differet, more creative way.

I was impressed with their fabulous creations!
here are two of the finished pieces.

This was a very easy project.  I copied several sets of the doodle/design pages and gave them to the groups of kids to share.  They had to create a simple "stick" picture, and then they could begin cutting.  Next, they had to arragne their pieces on an 8x8 what paper...once they were happy with their work, they could glue the pieces down.  The last step was coloring, (we talked about color schemes and patterning) most students were just getting to this point.
I have a personal copier in my classroom, so I actually copied each student's creation before letting them color (just incase they made a mistake...so they wouldn't have to start over from scratch).
Here is the link to some of the best images, for the kids to work with.



Pinned Image

3 comments:

  1. That is a GREAT way to use those doodle pages, but still get some creativity in. Never would have thought of that!

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!

    I love your blog and am your newest follower! I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete