Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Preposition VS Adverb....It's a Freebie!

My students seemed to be having a hard time distinguishing between an adverb and a preposition.  To help clear up their confusion, I created a simple foldable, based around a list of "cross over" words, and the key to telling the difference between the two.
"CLICK HERE" to get your ready to use copy!



Direct students to fold the top edge down until it meets the tops of the box (the one in the middle of the page).  Have them repeat this step with the bottom edge of the paper, meeting the bottom of the box in the middle of the page.  After taking notes on the inside, I asked students to write themselves some reminders on the outside flaps...creating their own little set of reminder notes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, your blog is just adorable...good info too. Found you while blog hoppin' :o) I am your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I'm just starting out and learning through the trial and error process....I absolutely love having the chance to share and collaborate!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have awarded you with the Lovely Blog Award. Hop on over to my blog to check it out!
    Amy
    The Crazy Adventures of a University Graduate

    ReplyDelete